The Defense Department’s Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) is looking for assistance in developing “AI-based knowledge graphing” that collects strategic activity abroad from open source web-based content for analysis and reporting.
The open source, web-based content that DIU wants to collect includes news sources, blogs, social media, patent databases, academia, and other large volumes of content.
In a solutions brief, DIU said it is seeking a near-complete solution that includes abilities to:
- “view raw and translated data (to include non-English sources);
- Analyze data and present trends, patterns, relationships, and other insights;
- Tie insights back to raw data and present causal pathways;
- Present data, model, and insights in a tool (visualize and query); and
- Detect, flag, and redact Personally Identifiable Information.”
The solutions should be commercially available, and may include prior work on classified networks or facility clearances, the solutions brief says. Submissions for the solutions brief will be accepted until Oct. 4.